By Marilyn B. Skinner
- Explores the paintings of Catullus, the best Roman ‘lyric poets’
- Provides discussions approximately construction, style, kind, and reception, in addition to interpretive essays on key poems and teams of poems
- Grounds Catullus within the socio-historical global round him
- Chapters problem got knowledge, current unique readings, and recommend new interpretations of biographical evidence
Read Online or Download A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Earlier scholarship on classical pseudepigrapha has usually geared toward proving problems with attribution and relationship of person works, with very little recognition paid to the texts as literary artefacts. in its place, this ebook appears at Latin fakes as refined items of a literary tradition within which collaborative practices of supplementation, recasting and role-play have been absolutely the cornerstones of rhetorical schooling and literary perform.
Guillaume de Machaut, crucial poet and musician of fourteenth-century France, had massive impression on next generations of writers in either France and England. With this scholarly translation, Minnette Gaudet and Constance B. Hieatt made his longneglected narrative poem, the Dit de l’alerion – a treatise on love and falconry – on hand to scholars of medieval literature.
Plautine developments: stories in Plautine Comedy and its Reception, a collective quantity released as a Festschrift in honour of Prof. D. Raios (University of Ioannina), goals to give a contribution to the present, excessive dialogue on Plautine drama and interact with many of the subject matters which lie on the vanguard of modern scholarship on ‘literary Plautus’.
Erotic Discourse and Early English spiritual Writing discusses the position of sexuality in medieval devotional perform, taking a look particularly at non secular writings circulating in England within the 10th to 13th centuries.
- Reading Dante: From Here to Eternity
- Claassens, Geert H. M.; Knapp, Fritz Peter; Pérennec, René: Germania Litteraria Mediaevalis Francigena: Höfischer Roman in Vers und Prosa: Claassens, ... ... Mediaevalis Francigena) (German Edition)
- A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
- In Search of Humanity: Essays in Honor of Clifford Orwin
- Archaic and Classical Choral Song: Performance, Politics and Dissemination (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- History & Literature Of Christ (History of Civilization)
Extra info for A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Marilyn B. Skinner